Qui sommes-nous?

Notre Mission

La mission de la Bibliothèque Lennoxville Library consiste à offrir à la communauté locale du matériel et des services en français et en anglais dans le but de promouvoir la littéracie et le goût de la lecture, ainsi qu’à présenter et appuyer des événements et des activités à caractère culturel et historique, et ce, en collaboration avec d’autres organismes locaux.

A Brief History

In 1912, the Village of Lennoxville granted permission to Dr. E . A. (Archie) Robertson and the Lennoxville Library Association to open a library and reading room on the main floor of Town Hall (the current Borough Office). Over time, the collection and number of users increased to the point that the facilities became too small.

In 1970, the Town of Lennoxville acquired the former post office at the corner of Queen and College streets. After renovations, the Library took up residence there. Over the years, the Library shared its space with various groups, including the Lennoxville-Ascot Historical and Museum Society, and later the Lennoxville Youth Centre.

For 100 years now, a small staff and a large number of volunteers have helped make a wide variety of literature available to the people of Lennoxville.